Ahhh! There is something so soothing about being on the water first thing in the morning when very few people are out and about. The iconic willow tree of Edgewater Park, the downtown skyline of CLE and looking over Lake Erie that when only looking across the water you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a lake or ocean.
So we meet near the lifeguard shack with a short lesson on the beach about the board and paddle then continue the bluemind experience with yoga on the Stand up Paddle (SuP) board. You may fall in, you may not. You decide if you want to play your edge or play it safe.
With that said what to wear and bring:
- Clothes you are comfortable doing downward facing dog without falling out or riding up
- Clothes you don't mind getting wet
- Clothes/hat that provide sun protection and/or sunscreen
- Dry clothes for afterwards (changing rooms and restrooms nearby
- ID (leave all other valuables locked in your car. I will have a waterproof bag for keys/etc
$40 per person or if you BYOB (bring your own board) $20
And this is what you get:
- Stand up Paddle board, paddle, leash, PFD (personal floatation device)
- Paddle lesson on the beach
- Paddle practice on the water
- Yoga practice on the board
- Giuided relaxation on the board
- Pictures to remember the accomplishments, moments, and bragging rights
- Blue Mind experience understanding why we are happier when we are in, on, under and near the water
For both individual attention and safety this class is small so pre-registration is required also to make sure a board is available for you. If the weather and or Lake Erie becomes manic, I will use social media and either text or email to contact you to reschedule. We may simply move to another location such as Wendy Park.
REGISTER HERE: www.supcleveland.com